Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantacy names

This topic is 5244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I write my own...
One way to generate names in a funny way is to take a descriptive word, say Destroyed and than scramble the characters to a new word, say Dordytees. Then name something like The Dordytees Forrest or something.

I don''t know about generators, but when I was into AD&D in IRC I got a HUUUUGE ass text file with names.

You could write a small prog to pick a random name from the file as it is formatted fairly nicely...

Email me at renword at yahoo dot com if you''d like me to send you the list (goes for anyone interested)

------------------------------------------------------------
// TODO: Insert clever comment here.

try here
You can find tons of name generators in several seconds.

Although it always in more interesting to have a meaning behind your names, I find I sift through lists of random names and often come across one that I can put meaning into anyways.

[edited by - LockePick on August 7, 2003 10:37:18 PM]

Eh, I'd just do my own. Dependent on your story you have quite alot of leniency. If you're going along the guidelines of another, be wary of cultural distinctions. For example, D&D elf names shouldn't contain any harsh syllables and should flow melodically as their voices do. if you're going your own make your own cultural distinctions, it'll be real cool.

Or perhaps you're trying to incorporate one for the user to use upon character creation? If so, sorry, no help here.

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

[edited by - CyberSlag5k on August 7, 2003 10:49:17 PM]

quote:
Original post by drowner
I don''t know about generators, but when I was into AD&D in IRC I got a HUUUUGE ass text file with names.

You could write a small prog to pick a random name from the file as it is formatted fairly nicely...

Email me at renword at yahoo dot com if you''d like me to send you the list (goes for anyone interested)

------------------------------------------------------------
// TODO: Insert clever comment here.

Yes that would make me very happy after a long day at work. You can send it to leadorn@3liasson.net

Thanks allot, I bow before you o mighty one

quote:

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

no... you get the halfling(80th level rouge) to stab the dragon in the back

quote:
Original post by TheNerd Tk421
quote:

no... you get the halfling(80th level rouge) to stab the dragon in the back

how high are you? or how high can you jump?

the DnD god tyr is only lvl 60....

swedes are still bullying finns in this day and age, those poor furry hatted folks, between russia and sweden they dont have a lot of friends.

Fastjack@hackermail.com

quote:
Original post by Fastjack
the DnD god tyr is only lvl 60....

swedes are still bullying finns in this day and age, those poor furry hatted folks, between russia and sweden they dont have a lot of friends.

Fastjack@hackermail.com

How many friends you get depends on how you behave to people.....

Get a star chart with constellations for loads of fantastic names. Even better is to get a book/chart with the star names translated, that way you can have great names that reflect the characters.

How long of a dagger are you weilding, exactly? i should hope it''s one long enough to pierce a dragon''s hide...