Applet redraw problem - resize breaks it

Started by
1 comment, last by AndreTheGiant 20 years, 8 months ago
Im making an applet but i have a problem that i dont know how to fix. The applet is in a browser window (IE). You cant resize the applet in the browser, but you can resize the browser itself. If I resize the browser to really small (smaller than the applet) and then make it big agin, the part of the applet that i resized over does not get redrawn. It just shows the edge of the browser (scrollbars) over and over and the applet does not redraw itself. The only way i know to fix it is to either minimize then maximize the browser window, or grab it by the title bar, and drag it as far off the screen as i can, and drag it back. Only then will the applet redraw what is supposed to be on it. Also, if i use the drag method, i have to drag it back slowly or it still wont get redrawn. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone here even use java for anything, or just c++? Does anyeon even know what im talking about? I dont think its just my computer, ive seen it happen on other computers too. there must be a way to fix this applet redrawing problem. thanks.
Advertisement
I haven''t done Java in a while, but I''m pretty sure there is a way to tell each component to redraw itself. You will have to do that when you detect that the window has been messed up, but don''t ask me how to do that.

By the way, this should be in the Java forum.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I think i know how to make components redraw themselves. But the hard part will be when. I dont know how to detect that the browser was resized to small or whatever. Besides i think there should be some built in thing in java that redraws everything when the applet gets sized too small. I mean, it does it when it goes off screen, and when you minimize it. i just thought there would be an easy answer.

Ive asked several java questions on the java forum before, but they never get answered. But when i ask them here, i get an answer within about 2 minutes. What do you expect? I cant post in both because that would be crossposting and that is evil. You cant blame me for going were the answers are, no matter what the name of the forum is called.

Anyway thanks for your help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement