Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uNiQue0815

copy & paste in X

uNiQue0815    122
i''m currently working on a cross-platform library... it already does sound, keyboard, mouse, network, display(opengl) on linux, windows and beos. now i''ve come to the GUI-part... i''ve tried a lot of GUIs (Qt, GTK+, KDE, ...), but i liked none of them... so now i''m coding my own lib & widgets. today i made a text-input widget... so now it''s time to get into copy & paste-stuff... does anybody know about good tutorials on how to use the X-clipboard / selection functions ? i''ve already googled around the world, but nothing... only some very undetailed descriptions and a not-working piece of source-code... can someone give me some small (working) code-snippet, an URL, where i can find information, or maybe an URL of a linux-programming-specialized forum ? thx

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Please reconsider making your own widget set, there are too many of them already.

uNiQue0815    122
i looked at all of them... (yes. also wxWindows)

i don''t like any of them... i just want a good, simple, flexible library with interfaces that are not a pain-in-the-a..

...and after testing all libraries, that i''ve heard about, i''ve decided, that the only suitable library would be my own :D

-> so... any answers to my original question ?