Super Mario R Project

Started by
5 comments, last by Andy Tran 20 years, 8 months ago
Hi, my friend and I are making a Super Mario game called Super Mario R. It''s somewhere between a new plot and a clone. The game has some new features that the original Mario games cannot have. * New Powerups * New enemies * New bosses * Vechicles * Save anywhere feature * Mutliplayer Support for only local play only (4 players per computer) All of the super mario enemies will be remade and some new mario enemies will be made. Credits: Programmer and Creator: DegenerationX Artist/sprite: Andy Tran More to come!
Liero Xtreme rocks!
Advertisement
I hope you have a powerful legal team as well.

Qui fut tout, et qui ne fut rien
Invader''s Realm
You should also seriously consider to name your company ''Nintendo R''
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Give the guy a break; unless he tries to market the game he should not be in any trouble. Good luck to you; I''m working on a Super Metroid clone (although mine is not related to Metroid in any way, just has similar style gameplay) myself.
the zelda revieval project of nehe got canceled thanks to nintendo..

don''t copy, just .. let you get inspired.. :D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

There are oodles of super mario remakes out there, that doesn''t seem to bother Nintendo. I don''t think there is a problem. if there is, you''ll get a cease and decist letter, just change the name, and you''re home free

The more I think, the more confussed I get.
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
Nintendo, the government, the RIAA, the MPAA, etc all for the most part don''t care what you do in the privacy of your own home. It''s when you''re retarded and start doing illegal things in public that you rightfully get smacked. You want to make a copy of a CD for a friend, fine. It''s wrong but the companies will grin and bear it because they can''t feasibly do anything about it and it''s free advertising. Copy a CD for a thousand+ people you don''t know and advertise what you''re doing and no duh your chances of getting arrested are going to go up.

It''s not the ISPs job to defend your illegal actions. It''s simply their job to make sure your illegal activities are handled in a legal manner.

Zelda doesn''t need a revival to begin with. Zelda has quite a number of games on the GameCube and I don''t think it''s possible to count the number of clones already out there.

NeHe is too big of a site to do rip offs without getting noticed. They should have known better. So it''s "Thanks to NeHe" the project got scrapped. Same with the DragonBall Z Quake 3 mod. It''s nice to have fans but when they''re stealing your IP and it could cost you large quanities of cash you have to remove them. Who wants friends who steal money from you? Best case they understand and let it go and put their talents to use without stealing IP. They weren''t prevented from enjoying their own work they were simply prevented from excess sharing of that work which is perfectly reasonable.

In this kids case, as long as he keeps it small and doesn''t start whoring it out everywhere, he should be fine. Since it''s a rip off it should be a learning project anyway and in no way shape or form a polished product. If you''re planning on releasing this in some sort of major fashion you''ll need to treat the ripped graphics as place holders and replace them first.

A major part of programming is creativity. If you don''t have the creativity to come up with original content then you''re pretty much screwed.

For starters you should move the ''R'' and call the game "Supa Rario Bruthas" and give the game a ghetto look and the main character a pimpin suit.

Ben

[ IcarusIndie.com | recycledrussianbrides.com ]

Will post for food.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement