Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BizzyBee

Any free C++ Tuition?

I am looking for web address that provide free tuition on C++ which includes the propose of thsoe language. If you know any let me know

eh...what?

Can you be more specific? What are you after?

"Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"

I am trying to learn how to understand those C++ language for starter such as function, syntax, and etc, I am trying to understand the proper way to fill in the C++ language for example

I type in:

if Greenlight;

Keypress(22) and etc;

end if.

FYI-- I know the one I type at above isn''t a proper language but If I am able to have some tuition on it, I would probablly know what I can to make it right. Lemma know if you know any web address that provide free tuition.

Free Tuition on C++?? I have no idea what you''re talking about. I''m going to assume you''re talking about tutorials. Buy a book, and try here:
http://www.cprogramming.com
http://www.cplusplus.com
http://www.cpp-home.com

tuition: A fee for instruction, especially at a formal institution of learning.

You probably mean tutorial.

Not sure what you expect that code to do, but this would the the C++ equivalent.

if(GreenLight)
{
Keypress(22);
// etc

}

GameTutorials.com and my site!

It looks like you came from a BASIC background.

The purpose: To make fast games, applications, web services, and other things.

WiseElben.com - Game programming tutorials, articles, and community.

E-mail:wiseelben@wiseelben.com
AIM: WiseElben

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042]

[edited by - WiseElben on August 7, 2003 8:27:37 PM]

Guys, Sorry for misleading you, or causing some misunderstanding here. Apparently, I was typing too fast and did not pay attention to every words. So its TUTORIAL not tuition!

www.google.com -> free c++ tutorials

:-)

----------------------------------------------
Petter Nordlander

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. The who understand binary and those who don''t"

Uh... "tuition" also means "learning" itself. Well, it's what you are going through whle you are being tutored. Smartarses .

[edited by - SoulSkorpion on August 8, 2003 4:42:56 AM]

I like books. Read Sam''s Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days. Then, read 1001 Microsoft Visual C++ Programming Tips. The cool thing is it comes with Visual C++ 6.0.

Scott Simontis
If it wasn''t for C, we''d be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL

quote:
Original post by Village Specialton
Then, read 1001 Microsoft Visual C++ Programming Tips. The cool thing is it comes with Visual C++ 6.0.

What does this mean?
You mean if you buys a licensed copy of VC 6.0, you get a book free?

quote:
Original post by WiseElben
GameProgramming.org

You''ll need to know College Algebra tough!

Has anyone here actually taken a look at that, or even signed up? Some opinions of the material would be nice.

--hellz

quote:
Original post by hellz
quote:
Original post by WiseElben
GameProgramming.org

You''ll need to know College Algebra tough!

Has anyone here actually taken a look at that, or even signed up? Some opinions of the material would be nice.

--hellz

Ive looked at the entrance exam, and I must say that it''s hard. Lots of advanced math Ive never seen before. So unfortunately, I was never able to complete it and look at any courses

Thanks Maega, I''ve just downloaded the exam and had a look myself. Unfortunately, in the UK the maths taught in mainstream schools isn''t that great, so I''ve never worked with Calculus or anything like that at all.

At least it''s given me a rough idea of what I''ve missed out on. Now I just need to find a practical way of learning maths. Got a very long road ahead in that sense. :|

Anyway, thanks for the heads up mate.

--hellz

quote:
Original post by hehenoobhehe
quote:
Original post by Village Specialton
Then, read 1001 Microsoft Visual C++ Programming Tips. The cool thing is it comes with Visual C++ 6.0.

What does this mean?
You mean if you buys a licensed copy of VC 6.0, you get a book free?

No, he means if you buy the book you get the introductory edition of VC6.0 free.