_

Started by
6 comments, last by EEPROM 23 years, 9 months ago
I think Quake has somthing special. Quake Team Fortress is still the most played game on the internet. But there are others... - Monkey Island I,II,III,... - The Day of the Tentacle - Civilization I,II and Call to Power - Wolfenstein 3D (a revolution!!!)
"Simple is beautiful"
Advertisement
Was there supposed to be a title?

lntakitopi@aol.com | http://geocities.com/guanajam/
Hmm...maybe the lack of a title caused the moderators to overlook this thread...this should have been shut down a while ago!
Hey

He prolly meant to post a reply to one of those "Whats the best game ever?" polls but misclicked. Im not sure why the "New Post" button is so close to the "Reply" one. "New Post" shouldnt be a button but should be written as regular text somewhere. So many misclicked posts... Same about the "Clear Fields". Who would ever want to delete his whole message after typing it (when he can spend 5s if he really wants to clear the message and just right-click this text box and click "Select All" and then press any key (alphanumeric or delete/space/enter/backspace) and it would be cleared). But no, having the button there is much cooler. Theres the risk of pressing and losing all the text by mistake. Much more action to your life. Lol .

Oh well, cya,
-RoTTer
Sorry about that. It was my first time in one of this forums.
"Simple is beautiful"
Yes, you''re right. Quake is cool...but I must admit that''s the most brown game I ever saw

quote:
- Monkey Island I,II,III...

Oh, I loved them! They are the most funny adventure games I ever played

quote:
- Wolfenstein 3D (a revolution!!!)

Well, I don''t know what was very revolutionary of "Wolfenstein 3D". The only thing that could have been a revolution is the first try of texture mapping
"DooM" is for me the revolutionary game on 3D action genre (ok, it''s called 2.5D, but DooM is WORLDS better than Wolfenstein3D...I played them both, but DooM was more fun...)
I continued playing DooM up to now (and I still play it )
Wolfenstein3D was nice, but no revolution!
I hope I didn''t offend you!

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
quote:
Well, I don''t know what was very revolutionary of "Wolfenstein 3D".

I think what they meant was that it cause all these modern day FPS to be made. For if Wolfenstein 3D had not done so well people may have not made Doom/Quake .. and so on.

-----------------------------------------------
All messages are of my own personal opinion and
not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)

Neuro.
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
Yeah, that''s right. Quake is very dark colored. I''m sure it''s because it runs under 256 color mode. There may be 256 colors but half of them are used to create light effects.

With revolution about Wolfenstein 3D I mean that before he came, allmost all games had a 2D look. I know that Wolfenstein 3D has not a real 3D engine but it looks pretty nice!

I''m not offended about your opinions.
I like to hear other opinions!
"Simple is beautiful"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement