My first project and boy is it a doozie!!!

Started by
8 comments, last by Aboriginal7 20 years, 5 months ago
I''ll really try not to spam this thread. I''m starting a project on my new game, 3D-mise, a 3d fighting game for the PC. This game is a customise game, where you can edit everything except original fighters. This is my...let me call it, a schamatic. 3D-mise ------Platform: Fighting ------Version: 1.0 ------Programmed by: Brandon Green ------Build notice ------------------Gaming engine -------------------------------Timer (Well, no duh!!!) -------------------------------8-player support -------------------------------Up to 72 possible combinations for moves ------------------Create Mode -----------------------------Create a Character -----------------------------------------------Create a fighter -----------------------------------------------Create a move -----------------------------------------------Create a story ------------------Story mode ----------------------------A story can be for a fighter, for a specific group of fighters, or the main game''s story. ----------------------------Depending on the character, even created one''s, you can gain hidden arenas and fighters. WEll, other than the specs, that''s it! any comments? Live in my world, Play in yours!!!
The Month of July Studios
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Aboriginal7
I''ll really try not to spam this thread.

I''m starting a project on my new game, 3D-mise, a 3d fighting game for the PC. This game is a customise game, where you can edit everything except original fighters. This is my...let me call it, a schamatic.

3D-mise
------Platform: Fighting
------Version: 1.0
------Programmed by: Brandon Green
------Build notice
------------------Gaming engine
-------------------------------Timer (Well, no duh!!!)
-------------------------------8-player support
-------------------------------Up to 72 possible combinations for moves
------------------Create Mode
-----------------------------Create a Character
-----------------------------------------------Create a fighter
-----------------------------------------------Create a move
-----------------------------------------------Create a story
------------------Story mode
----------------------------A story can be for a fighter, for a specific group of fighters, or the main game''s story.
----------------------------Depending on the character, even created one''s, you can gain hidden arenas and fighters.

WEll, other than the specs, that''s it! any comments?

Live in my world, Play in yours!!!

Well, it''s cool......in words. I guess I''d have to se some sort of demo to really know if it''s good.
Good luck. :D

WiseElben.com - Game programming tutorials, articles, and community.

E-mail:wiseelben@wiseelben.com
AIM: WiseElben

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042]
Not to doubt you...but can you actually pull it off?
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
I''m back from slumber.......HA!!! The first release is 75% done. justr so you know. the story mode is kinda un-user frendly, and sence it''s really of no use to my main program, it''s a separate executable, that, and the create a fighter mode. the storyboard is almost finished, and the character groups are almost finished. Note: I am not uploading the executable until ALL the original characters are finished. using a scripting agent, I integrated the storymode between characters. plus, to make the game more interesting, I''d made 3 different character groups, that''s like 3 different stories all tougether. and they''re all integrated somehow. The battle engine is finished, and sence this is action/fighting game, i added a roaming mode, allowing you to roam the 3d world in some character stories. most of the worlds are finished, and all the wepons are finished. WHOO! any questions/comments?

Do you have any screenshots? A website?
- Artanis
Unfortunately, no. But sence we''re in the subject. what is a good server I can use?

quote:
This is my...let me call it, a schamatic.

3D-mise
------Platform: Fighting
------Version: 1.0
------Programmed by: Brandon Green
------Build notice
------------------Gaming engine
-------------------------------Timer (Well, no duh!!!)
-------------------------------8-player support
-------------------------------Up to 72 possible combinations for moves
------------------Create Mode
-----------------------------Create a Character
-----------------------------------------------Create a fighter
-----------------------------------------------Create a move
-----------------------------------------------Create a story
------------------Story mode
----------------------------A story can be for a fighter, for a specific group of fighters, or the main game''s story.
----------------------------Depending on the character, even created one''s, you can gain hidden arenas and fighters.

It''s really more like a bad design document
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
the "Real" document is actually 7 pages long, detailing the game in general, the libraries, the structure of the program, the integration of scripting languages with the program, the format used to make the characters, the characters themselves, their moves, and their stories on story mode, their groups, and the group stories, and some programming theories I or some other people have. THAT''S why I called it a schamatic, or should I call it a summary of the design document?

free webservers are hard to come by. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to go with a domain, www.godaddy.com (I think) has good rates for domain registration.
- Artanis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement