Shaders question.

Started by
0 comments, last by Stranger 20 years, 8 months ago
I downloaded an introduction in Hlsl from the Ati and I am hooked.Since I am new to game programming,not programming,I would really like to learn Hlsl thus writing pixel/vertex shaders.Also their is a program nearing release in this site,http://www.mad-fx.com/products/products-shaderworks.shtml,that lets you write shaders and gives you an IDE.Since I want to learn to write only shaders for games and not learn any other aspects of 3d programming like colision detection,physics,AI etc. is this possible?Will I be able to find work only with Hlsl knowledge?Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thanks. [edited by - Stranger on August 8, 2003 5:58:26 AM] [edited by - Stranger on August 8, 2003 5:59:07 AM] [edited by - Stranger on August 8, 2003 5:59:43 AM] [edited by - Stranger on August 8, 2003 6:00:24 AM]
Advertisement
It''s going to be quite difficult to test your programs without some rudimentary 3D engine to see the results. As shader assembly takes about 24 hours to learn I can''t see it being very useful as a standalone skill.

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement