Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c t o a n

MS VC++ Compile Time Problem

Just a little while ago, I told VC++ to Rebuild my entire project (which took it a little while, but it finished, so all is well). Well, now every time I hit F7 or F5 (build and run respectively), it recompiles the WHOLE project, whether anything changed or not! And F7 doesn''t even work anymore! After building with Build, if I hit F5 (run), it tells me ALL the objects are out of date and should be recompiled, even though I''ve not even touched the keyboard between the two commands! :S Is there a solution around this? (And it WAS working as soon as half an hour ago!) Chris Pergrossi My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"

I don''t know what could be causing this, but a generic fix for this sort of problem in VC++ is to delete the project file, and any other files it generates with the same name as the project, then make a new project and add all the source files to it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Delete all .opt, .pdb, .pch, .ncb and .obj files, and your project file (name depends on VC version). Then try again.

Or you could do a "dir" on the various dependencies for each file, and figure out what''s gotten out of whack. Maybe something has a mod time in the future?

HEY! When I read your post Ready4Dis, I remembered that I changed my clock (it was wrong) around the same time as it started screwing up. So now, I changed it back (to the wrong time...whatever) and it works! Sweet, thanks guys!

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"