Need TGA file with alpha channel..

Started by
3 comments, last by 3dModelMan 20 years, 8 months ago
I''m just doing some basic OpenGL tests, and I need a TGA texture with an alpha channel to test with. I don''t have the software to create one and haven''t had any luck searching the net for one (I thought one of the many OpenGL tuts would include one). I''m sure one of you guys will have something I could borrow. If so, please email it to me; matt@matibee.com and just drop a quick message here so I don''t get flooded with them Thanks in advance, Matt
Advertisement
A little tip: when I was writing my TGA loader, I just opened up Quake III's pak0.pak file with a zip utility and stole borrowed one or two of their TGA textures. They all have alpha maps, and you know they work, because you can see them in the game. I'm sure the assets of other games are similarly available, and as long as you're not using them for commercial purposes, you're in the clear...

EDIT: By the way, I'm sending you one or two TGA textures I designed for a shader language test. Enjoy

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You're Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on August 9, 2003 5:30:17 AM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
BTW, The GIMP handles transparent Targas no problem. (I presume you''re using windows)
Thanks guys

I never considered using Q3 textures- I have the game cd here too! I might use a lot of their textures and brighten my demos up

I knew about the gimp but I was just in a rush to test something out. I figured you nice people would help quicker than I could d/load and learn to use it. I''m downloading it now though.

Cheers

Photoshop??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement