Phallic Compensation.

Started by
45 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 9 months ago
Silvermyst, your post almost made me shed tears of joy. I look forward to it... oh yes.. =)
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Advertisement
Actually Silvermyst, I would like your legal permission to quote material from that reply, in the evnt that I need to create a proposal for a venture capitolist. What do you say?
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Well Now,

For me it''s simple. I love to level up as much as
I can. Special opponents that can;t be defeated
or need special objects to defeat them are also
a good idea. But for me personally I normally
finish the game before I reach the Max level up
or whatever.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
I''ve brought up this point on another thread a while ago, and I''ll bring it up again here: MMORPGs are NOT a new thing. They''ve been around for many many years in text form. MUDs, MOOs, MUSHes, or whatever acronym you care to use, have been playing with these ideas and more for almost a decade now.
I urge everyone here to go try them out. I think you''d be suprised at how many different gameplay styles you''ll come across: everything from pure-combat to pure-roleplay.
Don''t be put-off just because they''re text based. A lot of them have some really great and innovative approaches to combat, roleplaying, and social interaction. This includes ideas put forth in this thread, such as no levels and non-combat-centric gameplay. Check them out, and you can often see how some of these ideas worked in practice.
And no, I''m not some MUD zealot. Haven''t played them for a while now, I just think that we could draw off the experience of them. Some MUDs have been up for >8 years, and are constantly evolving.

Morbo
Morbo, I know exactly where you''re coming from. I am a MUSH veteran myself, and I wonder why it is that we can''t make room in graphical MMORPGs for that audience. It''s out there, why not use it?

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates
quote:Original post by Landfish
Silvermyst, your post almost made me shed tears of joy. I look forward to it... oh yes.. =)

quote:Original post by Landfish
Actually Silvermyst, I would like your legal permission to quote material from that reply, in the evnt that I need to create a proposal for a venture capitolist. What do you say?

Damn, I''m gonna have to pay more attention to Silvermyst''s posts. I''ve been hoping to hear stuff like that for years, and now I am, straight from ''el Pez de la Terra'' no less. Well, I *was* hoping people would be saying it to *me*...

(sigh)

ManaSink
Has anyone considered the type of game where the goals you have to achieve are social? The ones where the stats that matter aren''t your strength or speed, but are calculated from choices you make? I admit there aren''t many of these games - offhand I can only think of Tamagotchi Boyfriend (don''t ask) and the ones where you''re a detective and you can only ask people so many questions and if you make them mad they won''t talk to you any more. Wouldn''t this kind of system be more appropriate for actual ''roleplaying'' than any kind of a physical attribute-and-weapon based system?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement