non realtime info?

Started by
3 comments, last by Elite19 20 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I am really interested in learning about what goes on behind the scenes of non real time renderers like in max or maya. When i google non realtime rendering and other variations of it i always end up with realtime programming stuff. Is there any info about rendering on the net? Could someone point me the way to some good info, is it even called non realtime rendering? Any other keywords i should know about? Thanks heaps for anything
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.
Advertisement
Check out raytracing and photon mapping. Those''ll turn you up some good initial hits Also of note might be "Radiosity" and "global illumination" ... those''ll get you some other good hits
Checking out the Renderman specification (somewhere on Pixar''s site) or the source to POV-Ray might be a good place to start.

j
Thanks guys, just what i needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.
maybe try searching the term offline rendering.
Rodger

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement