How's contest progress going?

Started by
9 comments, last by dizzydog 20 years, 8 months ago
Heyas, Was just curious to how folks were doing on their projects so far for the TT contest I''ll start off since I''m the one asking. Haven''t written any OGL code in about 6 years, but decided to pick it back up and blow the dust away to make an entry for this one. After grabbing Dev-C++ and MinGW and getting it all set up, it''s been running pretty smooth. I''ve spent about 9 or 10 days planning stuff out on paper first, laying out ideas and finer grained data. Spent a day or so playing with opengl to figure out what I was doing, then another 2 days with the NeHe base code to build up my demo. At this point, I think I''ve done everything I initially had planned on, so it''s adding cool new features and, ummm, making the code presentable and nicely commented I dunno if it''s flash enough to win, but it''s definitely different and should be worth watching. So how''s everyone else doing?
Advertisement
Far from done but progressing day by day. On Wensday i finished the screenplay so now i know what im doing. I got a few kinks out of my water code and finished up my cloth simulation recently. Now i need to test the simulation (cloth for the capes). After that i need to finish my animation sdk and when that is done then im going to go scene by scene till its done.
Im getting there slowly, I have one scene (Isengard) almost completed, the next one (the eye) i've been working on today, finally got the particles working right, doesnt look great tho. Im kinda making it up as I go. I havent planned out a script or anything, I just know the key scenes I wanna include (Isengard, Mordor, Helms Deep etc.)

I'm worried im not gonna get it done on time, it's taken me about 2 weeks to get this far, I keep watching last years winning entry and thinking how the hell can I compete with that

Oh and if anyones interested theres a screenshot of PART of the Isengard scene on my site.

Hyperdev

"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"

[edited by - Lukerd on August 8, 2003 8:12:39 PM]
"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"
Nice I cant wait 2 see what darkwing and vincoof come up with. Competition is going to be rough, but thats what made the mini demo contest great

Sort of reminds me of a great quote from the movie:

"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn!"
wow that screen looks awesome, i can''t wait to stay up all night dling the entries over my 56k lol... im thinking ill enter in the next contest.. i just don''t know enough yet to make anything presentable
Day per day coding... :-)
Maybe I should start with the scenes soon!

What techniques are you going to implement in your demos? Shadows? Bump Mapping? Vertex & Fragment Programs?

PS: Can''t wait to see vincoofs and darkwings demos too! I really looking forward to that night I''ll download all the demos and watch LOTR 2! :-))

--------------------------------------------------------

"If it looks good, it is good computer graphics"
"If it looks like computer graphics, it is bad computer graphics"

Corrail
corrail@gmx.at
ICQ#59184081
--------------------------------------------------------There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened...
I''m not entering this one. No time/no stable engine/not interesting topic. I just made a intro and one scene about a month ago but then I stopped working on it. But I hope to see some nice demos from all of you.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
quote:
What techniques are you going to implement in your demos? Shadows? Bump Mapping? Vertex & Fragment Programs?

lol, im still trying to get animation working first.
quote:Original post by Corrail

Heh, techniques. So far, I don't have any of the above. Of course, my demo also does it's thing without models, "scenes", or even lighting. It doesn't even use all 3 dimensions. But I think it'll provide for an interesting viewing experience nonetheless, and it keeps to heart the theme of the contest, being in opengl and relating to TTT.

Good to see the responses, keep them coming, and good luck to everyone!

[edited by - dizzydog on August 9, 2003 9:44:56 AM]
Well, i would enter in this contest if knew how to load models. I don''t know yet. It all because use Delphi. I don''t know what the hell is that classes you create in C++. Ohh gosh, i would like to enter. I''ll wait the next contest.
"There are people who live in the reality. We recreate it!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement