Enough Game Play?

Started by
6 comments, last by nickmerritt 20 years, 8 months ago
I''m am designing/coding a game right now and I was wondering if it has enough gameplay/content to be fun? Nicholas Merritt Müsli Games Design Document Overview: Action/Arcade game with comical/fun feel. Objective: To obtain high-score by collecting RW(recyclable waste). Game play Overview: Player controls hovercraft and collects RW and returns it to drop off point. Your mother ship comes to collect your find a specific intervals. You can collect steel or whatever means necessary to meet your objective. Story: The world has run out of resources. War has broken loose over what little resources remain. There is an alternative, recycling. You are a garbage man/woman. You clean up after battles collecting whatever is left. Your not along, you must fight to keep what you have collected. Game Play: Game Modes: Campaign: Procede through levels of increasing difficulty in a liner order. Single player or Multiplayer(split-screen. Upgrade options at end of each level. Free-For-All: Select levels, money, players, AI-bots, number of rounds and number of lives options. Upgrades are availible also. Maps: The game takes place in mega-cities. Man-made canyons, potholes and walls. Map Tiles: Endless Pit: fall in an endless pit and lose a life. Pot Hole: A very big pot hole which your hovercraft gets stuck in. Your mother ship will come and pick you up but fine you from your wage. Wall: hit and bounce or damage your ship. Junk: Various types of trash/RW. //end of doc so far There are also different types of weapons and hovercrafts. Are there enough types of tiles or should there be more, if so what? Thanks, Nick Merritt Any comments or want to help: www.musli.tk
Nick
Advertisement
Sounds really good!

You might want to add more variety of objects and possible interactions, though. Or have you not mentioned everything?
This sounds like a classic!

Make the physics and controls work really well, and add some more things into the mix for variety/harder levels. Every tenth level or something should add something more than just making you collect more stuff.

How about a different deposit box for each kind of thing? THat way, at first you only are taking it to one, and then a few levels later there are two deposits you have to keep track of. But fighting over the other players deposits could work really well I think!
How about this: In Multiplayer mode, you have powerups / weapons / shields / something, that you can like use to steal from the other players cargo, or bin or something. i dunno. Just a concept, may need some tweaking

______________________________QuantumCEO of Quantum Rebound SoftwareWebsite Up Soon
Thanks for the replys.
I agree that it needs more tiles/stuff that was the reason I posted. Any ideas for more elements/tiles?
Nick

Nick
Müsli Games
www.musli.tk
Nick
Yeah, it does sound really cool. It''d be neat if there was many many different types of RW you could collect, and the mothership would pay based on its quality. Like an old can of soup and a car bumper both qualify as "steel", but obviously the bumper pays more. Then you need to weigh the risk/reward ratio when collecting things. Make it easy to add in new RW through little expansion packs and you got a winner
How about a bomb thats on the terrain, but it looks like scrap. If you pick it up and put it in an opponents drop-off area, their mothership will pick it up and destroy itself! All the trash that was collected falls down from the mothership back on the playfield.
Let''s see. Will there be inclines? Just for a terrain that goes up and down I''ve got 8 tiles. I have floor, left and right junctions, left and right steps, left and right walls, and the middle.

You''ll want to have various kinds of trash. Just off the top of my head I''d say 8. You''ll also probably want to have random debri (trash cans, broken barrels, twisted pieces of metal, etc) that is there for atmosphere, ie the player can''t pick it up.

How many kinds of enemies will you make? I recomend you use the same models with differint colors and textures. Then do a few differint models of ships. Will there be boss battles?
Happy Big FunWeeelll!!!President Bush is a bitchHe's a big fat bitchHe's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement