• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Java-Applet based game...

This topic is 6504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just wanted to get some feedback about the graphics and design of my first game. Please note that this version is only for evaluation, as I haven''t done any real gameplay design yet. You can play it here: http://it.hule.harryda.se/itda98c/larrin/Space/index.html Thanks!

Advertisement
It''s a bit slow (maybe just my browser) but I spose that''s the price for a game in an applet.

If weapons 2 & 3 didn''t fire in dark purple it might be easier to see the missiles.

Pretty good! My ship couldn''t move out very far to the side, or maybe it didn''t respond fast enough? I''m not sure, looks prettyu good though!

Guardian Angel Interactive

Thanks for taking a look, guys! And yes, it is quite slow, as it is written in Java and the Applet-interface isn''t the quickest in the world...
Anyway, I hope to learn enough C++ to port it, but it''ll probably take a while, and I''m working on another project that sort of has priority...

HAHAHA KEWL MAN
Your game kicks arse through my two play arkanoid.

good game, but i can''t see whats shooting at me. The enemies are a shade lighter than black on my screen.

If all these errors are so fatal, why am I still alive?

pretty kewl. enemies are a bit dark and it ran kinda slow, but i like it. i really like the way you did the energy and weapon meters.

good job,
david

--
davidw@heehaw.com
neonstar entertainment

It ran perfectly fine in terms of spped on my machine but the ship was as someone pointed out a few shaeds darker than black! He, he, he... anyhow make the enemy ship more visible...
- Ben

It ran perfectly fine in terms of spped on my machine but the ship was as someone pointed out a few shaeds darker than black! He, he, he... anyhow make the enemy ship more visible...
- Ben

• Advertisement