Post your version 0.2 bots here

Started by
23 comments, last by Sailorstick 20 years, 8 months ago
This is my unbeatable bot. I''ll get around to writting a real bot eventually.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by smart_idiot
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/piratespeak/thecurse.html">This</a> is my unbeatable bot. I''ll get around to writting a real bot eventually.

your bot crashes the arena. when the source is compiled under VC++, after correcting for syntax errors (needs __cdecl inside of the left paren for the function pointers) then your bot receives an access violation at the point where it attempts to replace the vtable''s Fire pointer with its own. looks like whatever compiler/linker your using doesn''t put the vtable into a protected segment, whereas VC++ does.
Works for me, and that's all I care about. Probably because I haven't bothered to upgrade past Windows 98. I didn't compile GDArena, and the vtable was created by it, so I doubt it has anything to do with my compiler. But fear not; when I get around to making a real bot, it won't try altering anything it isn't supposed to.

[edited by - smart_idiot on August 11, 2003 11:45:22 PM]
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
LiquidIntell 0.3

InitGames Software
http://initgames.t35.com/

[edited by - liquidAir on August 12, 2003 7:19:43 AM]
Here is how far i've gotten with MY entry, it's only an average bot overall, but it's functional (cept it can get stuck on rocks and trees). Dragon88 0.5

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

[edited by - Dragon88 on August 14, 2003 11:13:24 AM]

[edited by - Dragon88 on August 14, 2003 11:13:55 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement