Post your version 0.2 bots here

Started by
23 comments, last by Sailorstick 20 years, 8 months ago
Provide links to your bots on this thread. Don't post anything else apart from a short intro to your bot. I'll start another thread for discussing other people's bots. [edited by - Sailorstick on August 8, 2003 8:24:46 PM]
Advertisement
This is Sailorstick bot. It's defensive but it can't shoot to save it's life. Thanks to Woodoo for the hosting
Sailorstick

Edit: Updated (GameDev server time) 4:26AM

[edited by - Sailorstick on August 9, 2003 4:27:40 AM]
JBot

Doesn't have any AI capabilities yet, because I wanted to get the mapping and motion tracking routines working before I make it autonomous. You control it with the arrow keys. Shift will walk instead of run, Ctrl will strafe instead of turn.
The numbers it displays as a taunt are (in order):
x coordinate, y coordinate, bearing, number of visible objects (trees + rocks), number of mapped objects (trees + rocks)
All coordinates are relative to its starting position.

The main feature is that if you make it walk into a tree or rock (even back into one), it should be able to tell, and therefore not change the x or y coordinates. It uses the positions of known rocks, trees and walls to do this. It's not perfect though. I think the ranges may need tweaking so that accumulated errors don't mess it up, and of course, there are situations (if there are no walls or objects in sight) when it can't tell if it's moving or not, so it assumes it is. It doesn't handle wall sliding properly yet either, so if you do make it slide against a wall, it will get confused.

John B

PS: Try maneuvering it to back into an object it hasn't seen yet - in theory, it should still be able to tell, as long as there's something else its FOV that it can track by, like a wall.

Edit: If JuNC (the creator of JamBot) wants me to change the name to be less similar, I'd be happy to oblige - as long as I can think of a new name by then

[edited by - JohnBSmall on August 9, 2003 11:31:25 AM]
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
quote:
Edit: If JuNC (the creator of JamBot) wants me to change the name to be less similar, I''d be happy to oblige - as long as I can think of a new name by then

Don''t worry about it, I''d hope most people around here are smart enough to figure out the difference
"technogoth-r.tripod.com/shinobi_v5.zip" Shinobi version .51

Here's my Bot, it still has some fatal logic errors, but it works. Although I haven't been able to test it against any real bots yet. Although JBot was very useful for debugging.

Made minor change to my bot, so that it no longer trows grenedes.
-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I'm a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

[edited by - TechnoGoth on August 9, 2003 5:06:47 PM]

[edited by - TechnoGoth on August 10, 2003 1:47:09 AM]

[edited by - TechnoGoth on August 10, 2003 1:48:27 AM]

[edited by - TechnoGoth on August 10, 2003 1:49:48 AM]
quote:Original post by TechnoGoth
Although I haven''t been able to test it against any real bots yet. Although JBot was very useful for debugging.

Lol. Glad it''s useful for something

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
It is, although you need to add a fire gun and fire grenede buttons.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

Well, if you just want a hand controlled bot to test with, try HandBot.

Controls are:
+ Up/down for forward or reverse movement
+ Left/Right to turn
+ Shift to go slower (and turn slower)
+ Control to strafe instead of turn
+ ''A'' to increase the grenade firing angle
+ ''Z'' to decrease the grenade firing angle
+ Space to fire
+ ''1'' to select gun
+ ''2'' to select grenades

It uses the taunt to tell you what the current firing angle is (starts at 25 degrees)

John B
Thanks for the HandBot ... Exactly what I''m looking for. Nice debugging tool.
TechnoGoth, your link doesn''t work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement