• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with visualisation tool structure.

This topic is 5307 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m writing a simple tool to visualize objects. At the moment all I''m trying to do is render a cube of sphere and perform the following: Mode 1: Camera centered on the object at a distance with mouse used to spherically move around it. Mode 2: Camera fixed at position when entered mode Mouse used to select the object (which will eventually do something but at the moment will simply bleep) Mode 3: Another Camera centered on the object at a distance and moves in the same fashion as mode. (this camera is attached to a light object and thus represents the viewpoint of the light). At the moment I''m trying to come up with a nice object structure for all this. So far I just have my windowing system which doesn''t handle input (doesn''t do anything with it) and my cube. I was thinking of storing all the objects and cameras in a scene graph and diverting input to the required objects via some form of state machine but the more I think about it the more hazzy it gets! Any ideas? Thanks <Fish>{

Advertisement

• Advertisement