Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misterX

[java] high level network apis

hi, Do you now about Jini, JavaSpaces, Java Shared Data Toolkit or JMS? If yes, then you could help me to answer my flood of questions!!! :-P 1) what do you think about Jini, JavaSpaces, Java Shared Data Toolkit and such higher level networking? 2) How usefull could they be for example for turn based games? 3) Are their eating much more speed & bandwidth or isn''t the difference that big? 4) Does any higher level networking api specialized in games exist? 5) What would be the best choice between the 3 mentionned above? 6) Can they interact with Servlets? 7) Is remote database access also part of them? 8) Are they compatible with RMI? 9) Could they easely be used for making multiple chat sessions, storing name and passwords and such things...? ...well, just tell me anything you can! :-P despite of the questions looking advanced, i''ve no idea of those 3 apis! And only very very few about databases and servlets. But i think it is worth to investigate a little about these alternatives... After all, we''re here to learn! oh, and what''s about JMS - Java Messaging Service? ...damn, there are so many apis! i don''t know where to go!!!!! So, there is another important question coming: which one is intuitive and easy to learn? any help very appreciated cheers ;-)