Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elite19

C# and gl?

Hi, I''m thinking of learning c# but there doesn''t seem to be much info on the web using it with opengl. Is there anyone out there using it well with C#? Also, would it be a good enough language to program a 3d app like anim8or or something like that or would c++ be better? Thanks for any advice

i alse use C# , with directx, directx9''s wizard would generate an skull,it works!
but there''s no such skull for opengl just now ,microsoft anounsed that opengl skull wizard would be introduced in the next .net edition.
maybe there some opengl engine for c# available now somewhere!

quote:

would it be a good enough language to program a 3d app like anim8or or something like that or would c++ be better

C#, I'd have to say, is a extremly competent language... It's very, very fast (much faster than java - although program speed is more how you write it not what you write it in) and it can do pretty much anything you need, and usually blindingly easily (usually).

Summing it up, it basically takes the best parts of Java (simplicity, cross platform, OO) and C/C++ (speed, power, flexibility) and adds a tonne of extra stuff to boot. So it'd be excellent for what you want it for.. Just the only problem is that currently not many people have either the .net framework or the linux/mac equivalent (momo or rotor) so for those people you'd be looking at an extra ~20+ mb of downloading...

Also consider VB.net, it also compiles to the same CLR executable, so it has all the benifits of C# listed above.

I use C# whenever I can, and I love it.

| - Project-X - On hold.. - | - adDeath - | - email me - |

[edited by - RipTorn on August 10, 2003 3:42:54 AM]