Are we allowed to...

Started by
6 comments, last by ShlomiSteinberg 20 years, 8 months ago
to access and read files on the harddisk? For example to find out the name of the bot we are fighting against? "C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Advertisement
hmm actually i do it, but maybe khawk will add a restriction to only modify our own files in the bots directory?!

T2k
Not modify the files just read them.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
quote:Original post by ShlomiSteinberg
Not modify the files just read them.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

but when you want to save progress of your AI Neural Network?

T2k
I''m logging to a text file, is that ok?
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
I''m sure making a log is ok. But finding out what bot you are fighting against and switching to a super tactics designed to destroy this particular bot is more like cheating I think.

If everyone produces a debug file, Khawk''s folder may get pretty crowded. Why not just have a #define DEBUG_MODE 1, or something, so you can compile a version with or without the output. That would be far easier.
Any file access done by your bot has to be for a log/data file only. Right now your bot is not allowed to find out who it is fighting.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement