Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liquidAir

LiquidIntell 0.30 with Screenshots (UPDATED)

liquidAir    314
Behold, my bot, LiquidIntell 0.3 PhatBot = Piece o' cake (uh... kinda) DustBot = Pain in the arse! ARGH! Loses 1 out of every 4/5 matches Odd thing is, PhatBot has no difficulty defeating DustBot... Who wants a piece of my new bot? With improved obstacle avoidance/navigation and attack sequence You can get it from here or here - finally in the release folder, heh Khawk, you should have a look at this... and then 4 seconds later... InitGames Software http://initgames.t35.com/ [edited by - liquidAir on August 10, 2003 9:32:42 AM] [edited by - liquidAir on August 10, 2003 9:34:17 AM] EDIT: Added more screens [edited by - liquidAir on August 10, 2003 12:20:55 PM] [edited by - liquidAir on August 12, 2003 6:56:42 AM]

liquidAir    314
quote:
Original post by ShlomiSteinberg
Win98?! Oh my!!
Your bot won''t work if you compiled it with VC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition.

Um... have you tried it?

Hey it works!! But my bot kicked its ass, 76 health left to my bot when your was already dead. Mine was shotting yours in the back and yours continued walking .

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

Out of four games my bot won all of them and the best result for your bot is 48 health left to mine bot. I think your bot would be much better if you made a very simple check to see if he is being hit.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

liquidAir    314
quote:
Out of four games my bot won all of them and the best result for your bot is 48 health left to mine bot. I think your bot would be much better if you made a very simple check to see if he is being hit.

You still failed to tell me where I can download your bot...

Peon    276
quote:
Win98?! Oh my!!
Your bot won''t work if you compiled it with VC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition.

It''s a little annoying because you have to click OK, but it does work It defeated my hacked together bot ''Flare''. It wasn''t a very good bot though, more so I could learn the functions and such. I''m working on a much more sophisticated one now, so hopefully I can beat Liquid at least once

Ready4Dis    180
I kick it''s ass pretty handily with my bot... I will make it available for download once I fix a few issues (like getting stuck sometimes).

drreagan    122
quote:
You can''t!
It is a competition! After the contest I will make it public

this seems rather rude to me...
if you aren''t willing to post your bot, i don''t think it''s polite to talk about how "my bot beat the shit outta your bot, etc, etc"...

A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

Ready4Dis    180
Yeah, we''re all posting our bots to help others out in developing a strategy... i''m glad you will download others to further yourself, yet keep your bot secret so others can''t learn. If you aren''t willing to share, you shouldn''t be downloading our bots for testing either. Nobody is asking for sources, just the .dll to see how their bot stands up. I just f*xored my bot up a bit, so after I fix him (tonight), I will post a link for download.

Sailorstick    142
quote:
Original post by liquidAir
Sailorstick, your bot is a random bot. It just runs about firing aimlessly; but I like your scan-left, scan-right, find-centre routines. Nice! My bot didn't have any difficulty defeating it

Yeah, I know. Just wait until release 3 when I'm mopping the floor with your bot ;p
I'm going to drastically reduce the random firing but I am still going to leave it in there. I actually beat Shinobi once by getting in 1 random shot

[edited by - Sailorstick on August 10, 2003 7:45:39 PM]

Ready4Dis    180
I''m re-writing my bot again... I''m still not sure the best way to go about this. I figure I''ll just re-write it a few times, then put all what I learned together and make a killer bot.

liquidAir    314
quote:
Original post by Ready4Dis
I kick it''s ass pretty handily with my bot... I will make it available for download once I fix a few issues (like getting stuck sometimes).

I did a major rewrite of LiquidIntell''s code, so now it''s obstacle avoidance is better and it hardly gets stuck now I''ll make it available for download too after I finalise most issues. I''m still trying to find out how to get the ammo box after ammo and grenades are on the zero-mark.

Dang! it''s quitear hd for LiquidIntell to beat DustBot (nice work)... it keeps strafing left/right and when you move closer to it, say at a distance of less than 20 units or so, it goes like "SuXor", runs forward, turns around to face you and continues shooting. I haven''t been able to handle this problem very well, as when it does that, LiquidIntell just runs away.

Oh and yeah, the LiquidIntell I rewrote runs away from grenades now (real-life situation)

InitGames Software
http://initgames.t35.com/

Hedos    674
Liquidair, I tried a version of your bot, and I don't know why.. But it seems that my bot do have an certain advantage against your
Your bot's fighting tactic is just exactly the worst thing to do against my fighting tactic ^^
Most of the game my bot won with 50-75 HP left

But I know it is just a bad coincidence, my bot will probably get killed by most of the other bots ^^

btw, I will post my bot, as soon as I can fix 2-3 bugs ^^
But I didnt touch to my bot since 3-4 days because I'm occupied at that time, but I'll try to fix him as soon as I can

[edited by - Hedos on August 11, 2003 11:06:12 PM]

cowsarenotevil    3006
My bot still loses to samplebot occasionally. Yes, it''s possible. I''m going on vacation though (I can''t post it until I get back because it''s on a computer with no video card...) so when does the no-prize contest end?

Ready4Dis    180
Dang, my PhatBot managed to beat you a few times, but you killed me more often. I was handily beating everyone, but now you had to go and change your bot . Time to implement a few more things I guess, hopefully get my bot up to the unbeatable stage. At least I can kill DustBot rather easily, I will have to hope he takes you out, then I can take him out .