• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marauderz

Steps To Making A Trainer.

This topic is 6628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve always wanted to make a trainer program like Magic Trainer Creator and Cheat O Matic, programs which poke into another program (Game )''s memory space and well... performs weird stuff with them. Anyway can anyone tell me the steps and functions which I would need? I guess I need stuff like ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory, but how do I get the process handle, and more importantly how do I get the base address parameter needed by both of the functions? Thanks. -------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!

Advertisement
I''m not sure if this will help you out, but try this link: http://www.gamehacking.com/.

E_Skool

Damn't, don't tell him how to make a cheat program.

Those things, they just, MAKE ME SO MAD!!!

(*explodes*)

And why the heck are those things called trainers anyway? It's not like they train you in any way. Note: Cheating does not improve your skill in any way.

Edited by - TheGoop on June 25, 2000 9:21:02 PM

E_Skool : The site doesn't teach about making a mem scanner... but then I haven't fully gone through it, thanks anyway!

Goop : Well... two reasons I want to make one. 1) I'm curious on how one works. 2) I'm a stinking cheater.... and some games just ain't worth my time....

-------------------------

Edited by - Marauderz on June 25, 2000 10:01:44 PM

If the game ain''t worth your time, then sure as hell it ain''t worth coding a trainer for.

========================================================
If something sounds stupid but works, it's not stupid

I''ve got a buggy hex editor I made for editting memory. If you want it I can send you the source. The basic memory editting and search works ok, but the saving and comparison functions don''t always work (they the most useful).

You also have to understand that memory editting only works in peer to peer multiplayer games. Even in those games sometimes the game will say they are out of sync and it automatically disconnect everyone. For single player games memory editting is the best way to go.

Nuffsaid : I want to make a general purpose tool, yeah there''s a lot out there but I want to figure out how it works

Blue_Lightning : Great, so send me the source! Thx

-------------------------

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!