FIXED!!: Help request!(FreeBSD) Just installed, won’t boot.

Started by
19 comments, last by Feral 20 years, 8 months ago
I was going to try and answer this from KDE, but looks like it will be a while before I figure out that modem stuff. (Luckily USR has a linux.rpm for the modem so there is at least hope.)

So anyway,

I think I have my hostname and such right now, have my computer named a900 which matches what I call it in windows so I’m happy there (a900 for athalon 900, basic but functional naming scheme!)... sound card should be a kernal recompile as I understand it, and that is not looking so bad. Seems to be a pretty intelagent design as far as kernal recompiling goes, but I’ve really on scratched the surface so far.

It’s nice and fast, pretty, functional, choices(!) and all in all I’m really pretty happy so far. I’m by no means to a working, usable system yet but (need net and a lot of ports/packages; get kde&&||gnome setup, etc.) but what I have seen I like a lot, and that is saying something.

I am quite surprised you can run linux vid drivers though, I’m starting to think the as fast as linux isn’t an exageration which is pretty nice, to say the least. (I’ll probably have to do that for my modem, which works for me)

Other than that I’ve got the single html of the handbook offline and I’ll be able to reference that so mayhaps I won’t have to drop out (and back to win2k - where the modem works) and google as much.

(: So far so good, and fun too!
:bow
Feral

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement