Way of programming

Started by
17 comments, last by shakazed 20 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for your tips! I´ve decided to try not using classes for everything I do. Although if there´s something that I really feel need some enclosure I will use them. Graphics initialization and rendering wont be in a class for the moment, because this is what I´ve been having the most trouble with. For some reason after a while my IDirect3DDevice object won´t accept any more calls. :/
Advertisement
I find it''s easier to put most of my stuff in classes, albeit big ones. If you store all your code in a million little classes that doesn''t help much does it?

I stick all my setup/shitdown/maintainence stuff (windows/d3d/dinput) in a core class. I also happen to have a seperate class for actual drawing, but it''s core that handles the lost devices and such. It''s just eaisier that way because you don''t have to code up as many methods for special class interactions.
Yeah I reakon classes are the best. Directx seems very messy to me.

Designing your own wrapper that is straight forward to you makes programming quicker and easier to read.
what does "IMHO" mean???
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
what does "IMHO" mean???

IMHO: In my humble opinion...
AFAIK: As far as I know...
RTFFAQ: Read the f''ing faq...
RTFD: Read the f''ing docs...

These seem to be pretty common here.

---
Brent Gunning | My Site
Classes are good for sure, although I can´t get them to work thanks to that IDirect3DDevice thingy. Wanted to avoid classes since I couldn´t pass interface objects to them without crashing my app. Pilot error for sure and I guess I´ll have to step back a couple of paces and look for the source of the problem.
quote:Original post by RapidStunna

You forgot:
STFW: Search the f''ing web...
STFG: Search the f''ing google...

[How To Ask Questions|STL Programmer''s Guide|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|C++ Reference|MSDN]
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded.[How To Ask Questions|STL Programmer's Guide|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|C++ Reference|MSDN]
Make sure you pass pointers or references to your interface pointers, not just the interface pointers themselves. ie: LPDIRECT3DDEVICE* plpd3ddev instead of LPDIRECT3DDEVICE lpd3ddev. I''ve had many problems because of this before.

---
Brent Gunning | My Site
quote:Original post by dalleboy
quote:Original post by RapidStunna

You forgot:
STFW: Search the f''ing web...
STFG: Search the f''ing google...

[How To Ask Questions|STL Programmer''s Guide|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|C++ Reference|MSDN]

How could I ever forget those .

---
Brent Gunning | My Site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement