• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aboeing

not using default libraries (visual c 6)

This topic is 5426 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, for reasons that you dont want to worry about, I want to compile a program without the default libraries. Needless to say, when I do this I get a whole stack of errors. I cant seem to get anything working when I replace the functions, and I have gotten stuck on one function, which I am not too sure as to what it does. So, can anyone tell me if something is wrong with this:
//fix #1 - fltused

#if defined (__cplusplus) 
extern "C" {
#endif
int _fltused;
#if defined (__cplusplus) 
};
#endif

//fix #2 - calloc

#include <windows.h>
void *calloc(size_t num, size_t size) {
	return GlobalAlloc(GMEM_FIXED|GMEM_ZEROINIT,num*size);
}
//fix #3 - free

void free(void *data) { 
	GlobalFree(data);
}
//fix #4 - ftol 

int _ftol(float x) {
	int y;
	__asm {
		fld DWORD PTR x
		fistp DWORD PTR y
	}
	return y;
}
And the one last thing I cant figure out is what "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CIpow" is supposed to do. (Is this just supposed to be a normal power function? - (Ive tried this) ) Also, does someone know of a freely available implementation of the standard libraries (so I can use printf & fopen etc..) ? Thanks! EDIT: Also, does anyone know how to implement the functionality of __chkesp ? (I know you can disable /GZ, but that always makes the program crash) [edited by - aboeing on August 10, 2003 12:51:00 PM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!