Model library

Started by
3 comments, last by Raduprv 20 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if you guys know any free (free as in LGPL, or something that will allow me to include in my program without any restrictions) library that can load, manipulate and display some 3D model format (animated) that supports mounting points (so I can atatck various weapons/armors to each model). If the model format suported by that library is something unstandard, then it should also have a 3D Max and/or Maya export plugin. On a second tought, it doesn''t have to be free, as long as it doesn''t cost too much (under 250 USD or so). The idea is that so far I am using MD2s for my mmorpg, and while MD2s are fine for monsters, and NPCs, they are not that good for players (since people usually want various armors, weapons, etc.). So, if anyone can help me, I would be grateful to that person. P.S. As much as possible, it should be a C library. Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Advertisement
Hey mate

Check out Cal3d, at

http://cal3d.sourceforge.net

I have been using it extensively, and it works great.
If you need any help using it, just ask.,

Bruno
Thanks for the link.
It seems to be pretty much what I want, but I really wished they had better docs. I mean, at least html files, not sgml...
BTW, when you used it, did you statically or dinamically link to it?

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Yeah, the docs are pretty bad and outdated, that''s a real problem.
So far i have been using it dynamically.
Well, I guess I have to try it
I just hope that I can easely call that library from C code.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement