Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone knows when ShaderX2 is out?

Go to its website(www.shaderx2.com),and you will find that the book is scheduled to be released in August. Since I haven't heard anything about it's publication so far,I'm worrying about if it's delayed. Do you guys have any related information? [edited by - 991060 on August 10, 2003 1:00:54 PM]

Patience! ... AFAIK:

1) Due to the amount of cool content, there will be TWO ShaderX 2 books. That split may have delayed things.

2) One of the contributors said "when they are released in a few months" on a public mailing list last month.

3) "Lead time" - it does take time between the final manuscript getting to the publisher and the book actually being printed - likewise it takes time to get into warehouses of places like amazon.

4) Why not contact Wordware or Wolfgang Engel and ask? - I think he reads these boards too so can no doubt give you the official word.

Thanks S1CA,I have written to the publishing manager,asking about the delay issue,there's no any reply yet.Since nvidia is stepping back from their initial enthusiasm about Cg, HLSL seems to be the future,am I right? ShaderX2 is a must have.

[edited by - 991060 on August 10, 2003 2:52:55 PM]