Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple poker algorithms?

This topic is 5237 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for code that can both rank and compare two or more poker hands. Example: A 7-card stud type game with two or more players. I want to code something that does the following: -Look at a given players seven cards -Determine which 5 cards produce the highest ranking hand -Evaluate the other players in the same fashion -Compare each players hand ranking and determine which player has the best hand Yep, I realize this is probably a truckload of code and there probably isn''t a truly simple way to do it. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any sites that would provide me with some good info, in code or even in text, that would help me out. All my web searches lead me to shuffle algorithms and poker AI. I''ve kind of come up with a way to do it, but theres got to be a less convoluted way to do it. So if anyone has coded something like this or can point me to more solid information, I would appreciate it to no end. Thanks