• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaKoshigaya

My ParticleEngine Demo :)

This topic is 5524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve finished my ParticleEngine, and I would like to know what you think about it I''ve made 3 Demos, one for a Fire Effect, one for a Spring Effect and one for a Firework ParticleEngine Demo I (Fire): http://www.Koshigaya.de/Download/ParticleEngineI.exe ParticleEngine Demo II (Spring): http://www.Koshigaya.de/Download/ParticleEngineII.exe ParticleEngine Demo III (Firework): http://www.Koshigaya.de/Download/ParticleEngineIII.exe Hope for feedback =) Au''revoir, Aya~

Advertisement
personally I like them. The third one gets a rating of 0 though because it gives me an error on load . Did I mention I don't read german so I don't really know whats going on. And uh.. interesting style for the windows

[edited by - uber_n00b on August 10, 2003 8:07:47 PM]

Yeah, those windows are pretty damn cool. How did you do them?

VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.

Hi,

@Error at Demo3: Mh... did you have DirectX 8 or higher?? I''m using DirectSound for the Sounds in this demo.. (Or, if there is a Sound.wav in the directory where the Demo is, delete it and try it again ^^)

@WindowStyle: I''ve written some Components, the Koshigaya Kool Components I''ll release them in a few weeks, they''re nearly completed.

Au''revoir,
Aya~

lol oops... on the fire program i ''accidently'' created 999999 particles... damn sticky 9 key

talk about ram killer

Hey thats pretty cool. I especially like the windows & the anime chick The particle system looks to have the standard basic stuff, blending between two colors, spawn cone ( which is a cool feature ), gravity, basic collision, and size lerping. You might should look into adding variable lifetimes and sizes. That'll kill some of the uniformity you have now ( which is unnatural ). Also adding the ability to load a property sheet of an emitter would be nice. When doing a demo though, its easier to have all of the properties modifiable in real time ( Like you have now , as long as you expose all of the variables), but once you start using it for a game or something, it'll be simpler to load it from a file. Perhaps you could add a 'save current settings' option to your viewer for later use.

[edited by - Hawkeye3 on August 11, 2003 5:44:18 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!