What is the best way to Use a scripting language.

Started by
1 comment, last by HexDump 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello guys, I have been thinking in adding scripting capabilities to my engine. I would like to be able to add classes dinamically for example different classes of enemies, enemies logic, events, methods, etc... to the game without recompile it. After thinking of it during somedays I have reach to the conclusion that if I want to get this I need to write lot of code in thet scripting language (or this is what I think), but I don´t like the idea, because of speed. Another thing that should be pointed is who has the responsability of load this classes? and instantiate them?, I mean how should be all this mess setup to achieve what I´m looking for. So, I need someone to guide me in this labirynth and tell me if this is possible (it is because, Unreal and others do), and the best way to achive it. I will be really pleased if anyone could point me to any source code or something on inet to clear all this mess. Note: My prefered scripting language is Python. Thanks in advance, HexDump.
Advertisement
check on lua tutorial http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/lua/
it''s not Phyton ,though.But it''s useful.
My english is very poor.Please correct me if There are any mistakes in my post
I have written the author. In the meantime, any other could bring some light to all this mess? I think is a very interesting topic to talk about.

HexDump.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement