Loading a bmp...(sweet snippets)

Started by
13 comments, last by TheNerd Tk421 20 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by TheNerd Tk421
I hate Dev-C++!!!!... nothing works with it.. i downloaded allegro..i have to have other compilers to compile it.. i downloaded OpenXDK.. i have to have VC++ or .net...Dev-C++ makes me mad

??? you choose the wrong project type and its the the IDE's fault? hate to break this to you but VisualStudio isn't some magic wand that will give a brain....

ps. FYI:

Console Application -> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
Windows Application -> int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,LPSTR lpCmdLine,int nCmdShow)

/Please excuse my bad spelling - My native language is binary not english
|Visit me
\Take my advice - I don''t use it...

[edited by - guppy on August 11, 2003 2:14:33 AM]
/Please excuse my bad spelling - My native language is binary not english|Visit meTake my advice - I don''t use it...
Advertisement
Dev-C++ is sort of buggy but is not bad considering is free besides the reason why still has some bugs is because is not fully finished, but that doesn't mean you can't use it to make a good game in it...

[edited by - FtMonkey on August 11, 2003 2:20:12 AM]
The monkeys are listening...
I think its better than DJPP or BORLAND .. though i do eventually want to get sumtin like VC++ or .NET
OpenXDK = open Xbox Dev Kit

[edited by - TheNerd Tk421 on August 11, 2003 2:18:59 AM]
Whether he sticks with Dev C, or buys Visual Studio .NET, he can start with this series....

I've printed all these out, they're great for beginners

Game Programming Genesis Part 1

Part 3 on Win GDI

Phil P

[edited by - PhilVaz on August 11, 2003 2:24:08 AM]
Well you say you want to get a better IDE but personally I have them both on my computer. And I admit MSVC is easier to use personally I find it a lot easier for windows programming other than that you can do the same great game on any of the two...Dev-C++ is a little harder but is not a bad IDE, don''t try to find the solution in a better compiler cuz they don''t write the code for you, that you have to learn how to do it in your own...
The monkeys are listening...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement