will .net take over the game industry?

Started by
82 comments, last by xyz 20 years, 7 months ago
hum?
Advertisement
HAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats .net?
OOOOOHHH WOW!!!you''re great!!!This is the funniest thing I''ve ever heard!!!!!!!!.
My english is very poor.Please correct me if There are any mistakes in my post
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, it wasn''t so long ago that we wrote games in 100% machine code. There were people that refused to use a high level programming language such as C. Now we use C++.

My point I suppose is that tools, languages, developer environments will always evolve, if you don''t evolve with them then you get left behind.

Never say Never.

Michael 8-)
I think .net will not completly remove C++
Maybe it will play a role in Game Development

I think that Arguments a la .net is to slow for Game Development are not actually because everbody has today a computer with more than 1 800Mhz and a Gefoce 1/2

there is a OpenGL Port for .net and a DirectX Port
So .net will be a real cool technology in the future

Hope is the first step on the road of disappointment
quote:Original post by xyz

A few alternative, completely random, replies pop up in my head:

1) Yes.

2) No. Macromedia Flash already did that.

3) Maybe. Why do you ask? Want to skip learning C/C++ and only pick up the bare minimum knowledge required to conquer the gaming industry and get stinking rich, famous and popular with those cute blondes with wet t-shirts and ample bossoms that the Illuminati prevents you from ever meeting in real life? A-HA, I knew it! Sadly, it doesn't work, I tried it too.

EDIT: Sorry if that didn't make much sense. I didn't get any sleep tonight.

[edited by - LNK2001 on August 11, 2003 7:38:16 AM]
"-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."-- Gene Ray
quote:
2) No. Macromedia Flash already did that.

why?
[qoute]
3) Maybe. Why do you ask?
everyone wants to know if Microsoft wins again and this time Gates seems to have much confident than ever.

My english is very poor.Please correct me if There are any mistakes in my post
quote:Original post by MichaelCarr
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, it wasn''t so long ago that we wrote games in 100% machine code. There were people that refused to use a high level programming language such as C. Now we use C++.

My point I suppose is that tools, languages, developer environments will always evolve, if you don''t evolve with them then you get left behind.

so... you''re saying .net is already an evolution...?

quote:Original post by Hauptman
I think .net will not completly remove C++
Maybe it will play a role in Game Development

I think that Arguments a la .net is to slow for Game Development are not actually because everbody has today a computer with more than 1 800Mhz and a Gefoce 1/2

there is a OpenGL Port for .net and a DirectX Port
So .net will be a real cool technology in the future

Really? my computers 500Mhz, i believe my friends is the same..and so is my uncles.
quote:

.net is a programming language or something like that. As such it can''t take over anything . Maybe it will become more widely used, but who''s to say that? You should ask in a forum for market analysis, maybe?
How do I set my laser printer on stun?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement