Non Photorealistic rendering

Started by
11 comments, last by Altavious 20 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone, Im about to start my fourth year thesis on "non-photorealistic rendering". Was wondering if there is anyone doing this sort of thing already, or if anyone knows of any good resources/sites/books/tutorials :-) you get the idea.
Advertisement
Link fest.
Teddy (from link above) rocks.
Technically speaking, non-photorealistic would include everything that''s not photorealistic. I''d venture to say that 99% of all renderings in existance are non-photorealistic ;-).

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

Thanks, Id found that one already (sorry, should have mentioned) one of the things there that looks quite interesting was "Imaging Vector Fields Using Line Integral Convolution" which was from the 1993 SIGGRAPH, but theres some company seems to be sitting on the only copy I can find.

Anyone have an idea where I could find it?
quote:Original post by Altavious
Thanks, Id found that one already (sorry, should have mentioned) one of the things there that looks quite interesting was "Imaging Vector Fields Using Line Integral Convolution" which was from the 1993 SIGGRAPH, but theres some company seems to be sitting on the only copy I can find.

Anyone have an idea where I could find it?

Hmm? The first google link takes me to here. I can click on the "full text" link and I'm able to view the pdf without problems...

EDIT: Now I can't! Bizarre!!

[edited by - Alimonster on August 12, 2003 6:37:44 AM]
A-ha! I have it sussed now. Check your email Altavious!
Thank You, Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, :-)

That''ll be a real help :-)

Ill put you in the credits at the ned of my thesis ;-)

"Alimonster from gamedev"

Oh, are you in Scotland too? (guess from your email)

Basically what my plan is at the moment.

Write a simple model viewer that renders in both GL and DX (because I want to see if there is a difference) and let the user select a number of different rendering styles, for example Cell Shading, Crosshatching, Inks, Watercolour, Pencil etc.

At the moment Im making a framework and toying with the idea of getting gl and dx rendering opposite halfs of the same window, I want to add pixelshader support at some point because a few people have mentioned its used quite a lot in this sort of stuff.
quote:Original post by Altavious
Oh, are you in Scotland too? (guess from your email)

Yep, grew up in Arbroath but I'm working and living in Dundee just now. Glad I could help!

[edited by - Alimonster on August 12, 2003 7:00:49 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement