LCD's or CRT's for Gaming/Making Games...

Started by
17 comments, last by OpenGL_Guru 20 years, 8 months ago
..i have heard mixed reviews on this so i was wondering b4 i invest in yet another computer. this comp willl be the one tocontinue the game and demos i am writing including my game engine, as my old comp steps aside. i have heard LCDs are better and some say CRT''s. i just wanted to get your opinion and why you say one way or another.. thanks
heh
Advertisement
I have a 18" flatscreen from Viewsonic and I will never go back to "normal" monitors. I love it!
LCDs are sharper than CRTs, but lack the rich color and response time.
LCDs don't support higher resolutions, have slower refresh rates. They also cannot be compared to CRTs in brightness, games with dark settings won't look good.

LCDs produce less glare, consume less power, take up less space.

[edited by - GamerSg on August 11, 2003 10:03:04 AM]
yes thanks all, i think i will instead of getting a 18" LCD ill go ahead and settle for the 22" or 23" CRT.
heh
Also, LCDS look horrible on anything but their native resolution. If your computer isn''t fast enough to support the game and you need to lower it...it will look like, well, crap.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
no problems with lcd here.. all of the above stated "facts" are old issues wich are non-issues today.

brilliant, colourful image, fast responce, tons of resolutions supported, and not only the native one is sharp, the others are, too, and you can look into them from everywhere, no bad angles.

thats the way mine is, and my one was actually cheap.

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

LCD''s are the wave of the future dude! Actually i prefer CRTs - they''re cheap and make me nostalgic (for some odd reason). Nostalgic of what? I dunno.
I eat heart attacks
I prefer CRTs when working with graphics and such, because the colors are just way better.
But I found LCD-Monitors to be far less tiresome for my eyes. I can work a lot longer on a LCD without feeling my eyes burn, even though my CRT works at 100Hz.
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
Ijust bought a top-of-the-line LCD, and I can tell you that it does NOT compare to a good apeture-grille (I have no idea how you spell that) CRT.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement