Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jammyt

How do I do an array of objects

jammyt    122
I'm writing a version of the classic Chuckie Egg but can't get my objects to work. I've not programmed in C++ since uni 3 years ago and I can't remember how to do a lot of things. I've tried looking this up on the net but to no avail. I've got a class called Goose. When I create 1 goose it is fine but I want to create an array of geese so I can have multiple baddies. I've got a global variable: Goose *geese[2]; and then in my main code: geese[0] = new Goose(); geese[1] = new Goose(); Does this look correct? I've a bit confused because my application is now crashes strangely and I'm thinking that the memory may not have been allocated correctly or something. As I said if I create 1 goose with the following code it works fine: Goose goose1; goose1 = Goose(); Any ideas to what I'm doing wrong with the array? Jam [edited by - jammyt on August 11, 2003 6:12:51 PM]

GrinningGator    122
quote:
Original post by jammyt
I''ve got a global variable:
Goose *geese[2];

and then in my main code:
geese[0] = new Goose();
geese[1] = new Goose();

The code you posted looks fine. The problem is probably somewhere else. Can you post a minimal example that compiles but still has the problem. Often reducing your code down to a minimal example that still shows the problem will show you where the problem is and you''ll end up answering your own question.