• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hase

Which publisher to choose...?

This topic is 6617 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

To my knowledge there aren´t too many publishers around who are willing to take small time products, shareware etc. Now if you have something you think is worth showing to other people, what do you do? Do you mail it to everyone and say yes to the first one to tell you they are willing to bunch it onto a $9.95 CD with about 300 other games? Do you really have a choice? And most important of all, how do I not get ripped off? Any publishers, should you read this, why should any develloper choose your company in favour of others? I´m aware that I probably won´t get rich, but what should I expect from a deal?

Advertisement
To add another element to Hase'' post - What kind of percentage should Hase (or me for that matter since I think I''m in the same boat) expect from a publisher''s net profits of a small time game?
And besides eGames what other publishers are around for this type of product?

If you guys/gals go back a few days, weeks, whatever in this forum you will find a bunch of info from Crystal Interactive CEO. Unfortunatly you will have to scan through a bunch of garbage that some paranoid posters through in but CEO goes into A LOT of detail about that sorta thing.

OME

Check out the thread, "www.garagedeveloper.com" on this forum. I made a whole list of what I think of different publishers, including crystal interactive, egames, expert, and some others.

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive

Can anyone e-mail me a list of companies that distribute small games?
I have finished mine, and cannot find a developer...
Please contact me at
ubersetzung@mtu-net.ru

Check:
www.amadev.net

for links to budget publishers.

---------------
Ibuku
AmaDev
www.amadev.net

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!