• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectMusic

This topic is 6451 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody! I''m using DirectMusic from VB, and I need some help PLEASE KEEP READING EVEN IF YOU ''RE NOT USING VB, YOU MAY KNOW WHY THAT PROBLEM OCCURS. I want to loop a midi file for an infinite number of times. So I set up a DirectXEvent that gets trigerred when the playback ends, and I start playing the sound again from within this event. The problem is that the event isn''t triggered immediately when the sound ends, causing a 2-3 second delay between the repetition of the sound. Does anybody know what is causing this? When I try to use SetRepeat to tell DirectMusic to loop the sound (so that I won''t use an event), the same delay occurs. Please help. Thanks in advance, VBMaster

Advertisement
It's possible, that you have a couple of seconds of silence at the end of the song, which might be a note fading out or something like that.

Did you author the midi yourself? When I did my own, I accidentally had a few midi messages at the end, which had to be processed before the song would 'repeat.'

Edited by - Goodlife on June 26, 2000 7:51:02 AM

Try editing the midi file and take out any rests that might be at the end of the song. not too tough to do. Also, maybe at the beginning of the song there are rests. This is certainly possible. Take those out too if present.

JoeMont001@aol.com

Guest Anonymous Poster

cool! Another VB programmer

which midi file format are you using? there are like 4 major ones. two of them automatically put 1 measure of rests at the begginging of the song. try converting it to riff midi format.

JoeMont001@aol.com

• Advertisement