• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kylotan

FAQ

This topic is 6711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Witchlord, could you add a quick note about linking with the DirectX libraries to the faq? And ensuring Visual Studio is finding the right version of the DXSDK? I''m getting fed up of seeing those questions

Advertisement
Done

If there are any other additions you (not just Kylotan) want to see in the FAQ just tell me and I will add them.

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on June 26, 2000 7:32:48 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by WitchLord
If there are any other additions you (not just Kylotan) want to see in the FAQ just tell me and I will add them.

Q:I want to learn about computer graphics etc. where do i start ?
A: read these http://3dica.foxfiber.net/3dica.htm
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/~loisel/zed3d095.zip
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~savs/3dgpl/3dgpl.html

Maybe also add how to setup Dx 7 with VC++ 6.0 so that the IntelliSense (auto member) completion feature can be enabled.

The solution is to copy the new libs and headers from the new SDK to the visual Studio lib and headers so it overrides the Dx5.0 ones and add the appropriate headers into the project..

Anon poster: I''m not sure about that question and answer. This forum is about API''s not computer graphics, although it might be . Besides GameDev.net already has a pretty good reference section.

Void: I didn''t know that. I need to try this once I get home. After I have done so and it works I will put it in the FAQ.

- WitchLord

Hmm, it doesn''t seem to work on my machine. As such I''m reluctant to put it in the FAQ. Maybe one needs to do something more than just replace the old SDK.

- WitchLord

You need to add the headers to the project as well..ie. the ddraw.h, d3d.h .. etc.. It works on two machines I have tried (home and work)

Wow this would be something I''m interested in knowing too. I hate not having the auto member features show up in Visual Studio...
Void, exactly what do you mean by: "You need to add the headers to the project as well..ie. the ddraw.h, d3d.h .. etc.."
I''m assuming you mean something other than #includes...

Balrin

YES!!! I got it to work also Witchlord. But you also MUST add the header files to your project, not just replace the libs and headers for VC. For example if your using ddraw.h and you want it to show members functions etc., then simply add that header file to your project. Thanks Void!!!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!