Win32 newb help

Started by
0 comments, last by iNfuSeD 20 years, 8 months ago
I''ve been practicing windows programming and going through many articles and tutorials on the subject for the last 2 months or so. I''m fairly confident in creating windows and drawing things in them using GDI and GDI+. I can add menu''s to the window and have those menus perform actions in the window. The next step i was hoping to take was to create a box I could enter text into and have it appear in another box where it could be highlighted and copied. Similar to a chat room kinda set up. Only problem is is that i cannot find any starting point to go from. All the windows programming tutorials and articles i find do not dive into information i can use to create a setup like what i described. Basicly what i''m asking for is quality links i can read at my disposal :-) i don''t expect to be fed the information here on the forum for i''m sure its not the simplest. Even a link to the right pages on MSDN would help me out alot. That site is impossible to search through when you don''t know exactly what it is you''re searching for. I''m just taking a shot in the dark here but do dialog boxes and regions have anything to do with it?
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
Advertisement
Make a child window with the edit box window class and another child window with the list box class.

On the message of VK_ENTER being pressed (WM_KEYPRESS iirc), copy the text in the edit box, add it to the list box. clear the edit box. Scroll to bottom of list box.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement