Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buncan

whats your opinion about these tracks (made with directmusic producer)

Buncan    122
these tracks are made for a rpg game-mod with directmusic producer tell me what you think about the tracks http://gothic.gamesweb.com/clans/mud/mod_public/dl/The_Good_And_The_Brave.mp3 http://gothic.gamesweb.com/clans/mud/mod_public/dl/The_Beautiful_Isle_DEMO.mp3 http://gothic.gamesweb.com/clans/mud/mod_public/dl/mod06.mp3 best regards buncan http://gothic.gamesweb.com/clans/mud/mod_public/ [edited by - Buncan on August 13, 2003 6:10:50 PM]

theZapper    150
The first one's good, I like the piano. Didn't listen to the other one's though

edit: Just listened to the third one, would make good creepy background music.

---
When I'm in command, every mission's a suicide mission!

[edited by - theZapper on August 13, 2003 10:54:29 AM]

theZapper    150
It sounds like a piano, what is it then? the bit at the beginning i mean, it must be a piano.

---

[edited by - theZapper on August 13, 2003 11:39:49 AM]

[edited by - theZapper on August 13, 2003 11:43:03 AM]

Nerusai    103
I'm not a true expert on this area so don't be disappointed, but I think the first two are simply a lot of sound without really 'saying' anything.

I do think the third has some potential

(I compared it to commercial quality, so in the end I'd say your pretty good with it already)

[edited by - Siaon on August 13, 2003 12:58:27 PM]

Buncan    122
quote:
Original post by Defcon1
those sound really nice! I like the brass growel in the 3rd one. What kind of synth are you using?

theres no prerendered waveloops in it
i compose the tracks completly in directmusic producer.
the DMP uses the microsoft synthesizer
the sound of that "brass growel" is a crescendo trombone sound.

regards
bunc

theZapper    150
No, I''m sure it''s a piano, the plucking sound is not right for a harp, it''s not a harpsicord either. I''m 100% certain it''s a piano. If not, TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!!!!

---
When I''m in command, every mission''s a suicide mission!

theZapper    150
Which one? there's two melodies playing at the beginning. I'll give you the first one (possibly) but the second melody over the top has GOT to be a piano.

EDIT: No, I take it all back, when you get to about 5:10 in the song, they do sound more like a harp. Did you have any effects on at the beginning, because they definatly sound like a piano there.

---

[edited by - theZapper on August 13, 2003 5:00:10 PM]

Buncan    122
you are shure that we talk about "the good and the brave" and not "the beautiful isle"?
in the good and the brave is definitly NO piano used
trust me
listen to "the beautiful isle" and "mod06" - theres a piano in it

regards
bunc

theZapper    150
Yeah I was talking about The Good And The Brave, but i''ll let you off now, see my previous post.
Still, nice track, I''d use it in a game. If I had one!

---
When I''m in command, every mission''s a suicide mission!

I listened to the first one and am currently listening to the second. A problem I''ve found in both of them is that they both exist somewhere between the sort of music that plays in the background, enhancing the mood without the listener really noticing it, and the stronger, more melodic stuff that has the listener humming the tune in his/her sleep. If you go to either one of those extremes, you''ll have a good song, but as it is the melody for both of them is too weak to really catch your ear, yet strong enough to be slightly distracting. Either put more emphasis on the melody or cut it out entirely.

seanzerozero    122
I liked the first and the last one. The last one reminds me of Super Metroid, and just Metroid music in general. It''s kinda ominus and threatening, yet off in the background, not in your face. Good work!

TMAN    307
These pieces are awesome except that all but the last one really do seem to be missing something. I agree with the all sound no feel comment. Try adding drums?