Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cleves

Bmp files

cleves    148
Hey all, The win programming book i''m learning from don''t explain the part i need which is how can i save something on the screen to a .bmp or .jpeg? Like let''s say in paint there is the option "save as" which saves this file formats. Where i can find a tutorial about that? Thanks in advance

I''ve never seen a tutorial on this topic. They probably exist, but I''ve never really looked. There are two bits of advice I can give you though. First, take a look at Wotsit and find detailed descriptions of how the file format works. If you understand that, it''s exactly like saving any text file, so long as you arrange your data according to the bitmap standard. jpeg is a lot more complicated than bmp, so i''d really suggest you stick with bmp and if necessary just use a paint program to convert it to other formats.

The second solution, which is less complicated, is to find an image library online and use that instead. I''ve heard people on this site mention a few before, but I''ve never had the need to look into them myself. For now, just try Google and maybe someone who''s used some of these libraries will be able to name one for you.

-Arek the Absolute