i need some 1 to create ...

Started by
8 comments, last by ssj3 gohan 20 years, 8 months ago
hey i was wondering if some 1 could create a game map for me i got all the tiles needed and you will become a admin on the game after its called realm knights and its a online game i got server ready from www.playerworlds.com so please help me anyone thanx... if you have hotmail please add me realm_knights@hotmail.com [edited by - ssj3 gohan on August 12, 2003 6:56:12 PM]
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/tdsrpg/GohanSig2.gif
Advertisement
Ok, take a deep breath and tell us wtf you are talking about. Please. Thanks.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
ok 2-d game im creating ... i need a map as in so people can walk on it you get me kinda like www.silent-shadows.com game where its frame by frame and each frame has tiles in i need some 1 to do the frames for me cause im no good at all
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/tdsrpg/GohanSig2.gif
Unless there''s pay involved and you conduct yourself more professionally, you probably won''t get anyone.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
run on sentences. like this i mean they''re very annoying and they speak very fast and you don''t even take a deep breath and this is run on sentence it is very hard to read and its not professional do you see what i mean please stop and learn how to write proper sentences not like this ok?
I eat heart attacks
GG's Tips for asking for help with your project on the GameDev.net forums:

1. Post in the "Help Wanted" wanted forum. This is precisely the kind of post that should be there.

2. Make an effort to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. It may not matter to you, but it does to a lot of readers. If you have made a sincere effort in this regard most readers will be forgiving of minor spelling and grammar errors. But two posts without a single capital letter or period is hard for readers to understand.

3. Sound and look professional (see #2). Remember that this post is the only thing we see of you and your project. Right or wrong, we judge the project based on the presentation you make. Remember that you are asking for someone to take up a little bit of his or her life to help you. People are not likely to make the sacrifice for someone who sounds like a 12 year-old kid desperately in need of a dose of Ritalin.

4. Tell us a little bit about the project and the team: what kind of game is it, what kind of style are the graphics, how big is the team, how far along is the project, etc. Nobody is going to take time out of their life (probably time they could be working on their own projects) to help you if you don't give them a picture of where their work will fit. When you say "its called realm knights and its a online game" it doesn't give us much to go on.

Thanks,
GG

[edited by - GrinningGator on August 12, 2003 8:38:18 PM]
If you have all the tiles, why not make it yourself? The hardest part is getting the tiles drawn. After that you could just slap them togeather in whatever map format you are using, or is that what you really need, a map format? Do you have any code written at all yet, like to make your guy walk across the screen?
If you can create your own game, then why on earth can''t you create your own map?
*smacks head*

He isn''t really making the game himself, just the scripts and the maps... Player Worlds is a kind of customizable traditional 2d rpg. The actual code is already done, it''s just the scripts and maps you do yourself.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I''m thinking this is a joke, but if it''s not, I''d suggest you post in the help wanted forum since that''s exactly where this sort of post belongs.

Closed.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement