• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Densun

Tuning a piano

This topic is 5453 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve decided to start playing the piano again after a three year break. My piano hasn''t been tuned in a long time, and I''ve decided that I want to tune it myself. I''ve already found some information on piano tuning here and here. My brother has a tunine device for his wiolin, which shows what note a string is tuned to. Will that work for a piano? Anyone here have any tips they want to give?

Advertisement
I don''t think Piano tuning is very easy, that''s why there are professional people to do it, I''d suggest you hire one of them to do it. It''s not like tuning a guitar.

---
"When I''m in command, every mission''s a suicide mission" - Zapp Branigan

bluedad at kvr-vst.com is a pro tuner.. seems to have plenty of free time to post & mensch

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!