Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vertex Shader and Dinamic Lights

This topic is 5238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to do dynamic lights with vertex shader(no pixel shaders) with only ARB extensions? All the articles i read uses NV register combiners, but i want a code that works for every GPU (that supports vs ). Thanx

If by per-pixel lighting, you mean bumpmapping, etc., You can use the ARB_texture_env_* extensions: ARB_texture_env_dot3, ARB_texture_env_combine and ARB_texture_env_crossbar. Using the ARB_texture_env_dot3 extension, you can specify a texture in multitexture unit zero, and a normal map in multitexture unit one. The extension then applies the bumpmapping. I haven''t used this too much, though, so there might be mistakes here. Try searching for a tutorial or something on Google...

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You''re Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]