• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rgillen

Allegro and MIDIs

This topic is 6686 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have been experimenting with the Allegro game development package and I had a question about playing MIDI files. When I listen to them in Windows they sound great, but when they play in my Allegro-made game, they sound terrible. Are Windows and my game using different MIDI players? If so, how can I get my game to use the better one? And most importantly, how can I ensure that my game will use my users'' best player. Thanks, Rob

Advertisement
With Allegro when you call:
install_sound(...)
if you are calling DIGI_AUTODETECT,MIDI_AUTODETECT); try using different sound devices. If you are using the different sound devices the try calling the above.

JoeMont001@aol.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!