Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture Filtering

This topic is 5229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m using DX8 for 2D, and all is well. I''ve pretty much rewritten every DD7 function into D3D8 but there''s one problem. The textures are filtered and it is very annoying! I looked at the SetTextureState function, and tried setting all the params it said in the documentation but to no avail. Any suggestions? It’s not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines…

quote:
Original post by Semicolon
All you have to do should be this:

lpD3DDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_MINFILTER, 3DTEXF_NONE );

lpD3DDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_MAGFILTER, D3DTEXF_NONE );

You see, I tried that. (Not using D3DTEXF_NONE but using the associated number instead to make it slightly easier to read, let alone it was deleted in frustration)

Just a thought:
Does it have anything to do with the texture being loaded, maybe being filtered as being read from the bmp?

It’s not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines…

quote:
Original post by Tooko
Just a thought:
Does it have anything to do with the texture being loaded, maybe being filtered as being read from the bmp?

Are you using a D3DX function to load your BMPs ? I''m not sure but if your images don''t have power of two width/height they are resized with a bilinear filter.