Why mapping?

Started by
41 comments, last by dalleboy 20 years, 8 months ago
I meant the time between each frame . I was worried about large amounts of memory access making my functions to slow, but I don''t think i''ll run into that problem. I didn''t new/delete at all between frames, I just stored a list of maximum objects (I had it set at like 100 or something, way more than i''ve ever seen in the arena so far!). Then I simply filled the list with objects while I saw them. One thing that I''m a bit unclear about, which could potentially screw my bot up... which order are the move/turn/strafe commands executed? I''m assuming turn first, then move and strafe, or move/strafe then turn? I wasn''t sure which order to do my movements, so I was turning first, then moving and strafing... but it could be the other way around I suppose, which would screw my location stuff up.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Ready4Dis
I meant the time between each frame .

=P

-------------------------------------------------------
A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

(author of DustBot)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
you win. and I was all ready (been waiting for 18 hours) to stick in a

Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement