New to DirectX

Started by
2 comments, last by termix 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello Everyone! I''m a C++ programmer new to DirectX and raw win32 (I have used quite a bit of MFC). What I want to do is create a windowed mode program using DirectDraw that renders a bitmap as a rotatable background for the window with various shapes on the bitmap that can be moved around (Like maybe a triangle that can move around the bitmap, rotate, change color). I need some good tutorials on how to do this, do I want to make a surface and point the camera at it and rotate the camera or what? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
So, basically, you need to learn Direct3D. There are tons of places to go for that. Start with the SDK, and move on to articles here or at gamasutra or wherever. Once you learn the API, you''ll be able to come up with several solutions to the problem.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
Hey, a newbie!!! Unfortunately, there aren''t as many D3D tutorials as there are OpenGL however most of the concepts are the same. You might need to buy a book (i have 2). If you are short on cash you need to make sure when you type stuuf in the search engine that you are kind of general, because you might not get what you want.
[shameless plug]
I haven''t updated my site properly in a while but there are a couple of tutorials available that might help you get started. Click on the link in my signature below to visit my site and select the Tutorials link from the left menu.
[/shameless plug]

Kindest regards,
Sharky

---
< Sharky''s Coding Corner >
< Coder @ Strangelite >
---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement