Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LockePick

Quick FPS test

Back again, with another demo for people to try out. I'm mainly interested in how well it's running for people so I can gauge how much time to spend up detailing/optimizing. Also need to see what people think of how it looks so far. It's going to be sort of a horror FPS, so I'm shooting for a dark, lonely feel (corpses and blood stains not done yet :D). Requirements: Windows Something that can extract Rar files Get it here (hope the bandwidth holds out): Link Please respond with: Whether it worked (ha!). Was the load time brutal or alright? (very slow loading right now I haven't switched to a binary model format yet) The FPS you got with the visor effect on and off (click mouse). Whether it was too dark/light. What you think of it in general, what was the mood walking around? Known Issues: Long load times Movement around corners of objects is very jerky, trying to figure out cylinder collision by myself and I'm not quite there yet Visor off has a grid over the screen ------------ MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155 "It's all part of the conspiracy of conspirators conspiring to conspire their own conspiracies..." [edited by - LockePick on August 13, 2003 5:06:16 PM] [edited by - LockePick on August 13, 2003 7:42:42 PM]

I get a message dialog saying "display mode not compatible", then the screen goes grey for a few seconds before returning to windows (loading I assume since the log files show models and TGAs where loaded).

Athlon 2500+ on A7N8X-dx with 1GB DDR333
AiW Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Catalyst 3.4)
Windows 2000 SP3

sorry bud but on my TNT 2 550 mhz pentium 3 windows 98 comp it was 1. So dark I could not see anything save for a very dim light and 2. the load times were pretty bad but then again I''m used to it and 550 mhz just isn''t the standard for speed anymore =)

Ack I forgot to change the resolution. Sorry for the inconvenience, the link now points to a file that'll run in 800x600 (it's also a bit brighter than the last one).

[edited by - LockePick on August 13, 2003 5:08:11 PM]

Yes, it would be nice if it was zipped instead, rar requires that one use non-prefered applications.

The new test versions runs alright. Very dark, and the dark areas at the edge are annoying (human vision is normally peripheral aka widescreen). I also saw the grid lines when not in visor mode.

Running with my normal prefs (which force apps to use 6X Anti-Aliasing and 16X Anisotropic Filtering) I got between 300fps and 600fps depending on if I walked into the next room (difference between 2 rooms and 1 room visible). With my force preferences off it was 300fps faster (600-900fps), and with the visor off it was around 1000-1250fps.